As spring and wedding season gets closer I’ve been madly crafting to finish up projects I wanted to get done this winter. The small easy ones are all done so now it’s on my hardest project ever!
When I was on the Vineyard for Mike & Becca’s wedding last fall I picked up this canvas for a tooth fairy box. No teeth are yet available so for now I used our rings to model the concept 🙂 I love how colorful and cute it is!
Each side is different and it was the first time I really played around with unusual stitches – a fun experiment that adds a lot of texture to the finished piece!
This was a tiny little ornament I finished over Christmas and just got back from the needlepoint store 🙂
And this is the whopper I mentioned. In 2004 I sent a photo off to be made into a counted cross stitch chart. The chart I got back looked like Mt. Everest – thousands of little symbols with infinite detail! I did a bit but then put it away…..and didn’t do it…..and it sat…..and I thought “too hard!” This winter I was determined to at least put a dent in it so bit by bit I’ve been gridding off the squares and pushing forward!
The result of hard work is beautiful variety in the color of the waves