Orchard Cove Photography is a good fit for casual, intimate weddings. I like to focus on the fun of the event by documenting your most joyful and memorable moments.
Orchard Cove Photography is headed by photographer Amanda Herzberger: “I’ve always loved pictures, and photography. It began as a creative outlet for me, but it soon blossomed into a business.”
Mentored and trained by seasoned professionals, Amanda worked as a photographer’s assistant and as a second photographer at weddings to learn the business and gain hands-on experience. She then began taking on her own clients, bringing her unique style and carefully nurtured skill to each experience.
Amanda’s belief in developing and celebrating relationships is at the heart of Orchard Cove Photography’s mission: “I value my relationships above all, and the wonderful people in my life help me realize the power of everyday moments. It’s my goal to capture that for my clients’ family and friends.
I see photos as moments and reminders of the past. Each time I see a photo, the past comes flooding back.
The photo above captures me and my Brother running up the hill at my Grandma’s house when I was two years old. When my Grandma passed away, I found the photo framed in her bathroom. It now hangs in my bedroom.
When I see it, I remember playing with her dogs, exploring her movie collection, leafing through her scrapbooks, eating her famous tuna salad, feeding the birds, jumping on her bed, and trying on her frosted pink lipstick in the privacy of her bathroom. That one image calls back countless memories that I treasure to this day.
Orchard Cove Photography is a good fit for casual, intimate weddings. I like to focus on the FUN of the event by documenting your most joyful and memorable moments. I specialize in, and enjoy photographing, outdoor and at-home weddings.
My approach is very moment-driven, capturing the moments that make your wedding day a true celebration of relationships – the moments that might otherwise go unnoticed, but those that prompt the sweetest memories later on.
Orchard Cove Photography accepts a limited number of weddings which means personalized service and speedy turnaround of wedding images that reflect your personality and the spirit of the day. On the wedding day I pride myself in being relaxed, organized, and friendly to everyone I’m interacting with. My favorite part is catching those tiny moments that make wedding memories truly special, often using a zoom lens so the style is authentic and unintrusive.
General Wedding Information
- My style is pretty laid back - I try to shoot in an unobtrusively calm, natural way, with a focus on FUN. I'm not a big in your face photographer and prefer to take a back seat and watch the events of the day unfold naturally. Most of the day I photograph with a zoom lens so the style is authentic, not intrusive. My photography is very moment driven and I'm drawn to document the relationships between you both and your families on this most important day.
- Most of the couples I work with want to take them but want them to be as quick and painless as possible. This is the one part of your day while I’ll step to the front and direct people so we can be speedy and get you back to your guests. If everyone is present I can photograph both sides of a typical immediate family in as little as 15 minutes. I do accept lists of groupings but advise that it be kept to a minimum so I don’t spend my entire evening staring down at a piece of paper and missing out on all the small special moments that are happening all around me.
- I typically release wedding images within three weeks. At that point they are posted on a password protected proofing site that allows family and friends to see and order photos making it easier for you both! Typically about 750 images will be presented in a mix of color and black and white. Access to the digital negatives is included in all of my packages.
- Lots! As a wedding photographer, I’ve seen many, many wedding details through my camera lens. This provides me with a unique perspective on wedding planning, and I encourage you to use me as a resource! Once you become a client, I share my knowledge with you, and I also have access to a trusted network of wedding vendors and service providers. So if you’re looking for something, or trying to make a decision, consider me your partner in planning.
Selecting A Package
- I recommend choosing an option with a second photographer if you are inviting over 150 guests or if you aren’t doing a first look (taking all the photos beforehand) meaning that no one would be at cocktail hour if there was only one photographer.
- The short answer is yes. I find it’s a great way to get to know you both before the wedding and get some great photos. Equally if you’ve never been photographed before it allows you to become comfortable in front of the camera - a win win!
- I require a ⅓ retainer by check of the package price and a signed electronic contract. If you’re ready to move forward, email me with your package selection and I’ll prepare the contract and send it over along with the deposit information.
- I specialize in Queensberry Matted albums but also offer other options for various budgets and styles.
- I’ve delivered an album in as little as one month after the wedding....it really depends on how motivated you are to get it done!
- After the wedding I will send you a first draft of the album which you can comment on and make changes to. We’ll go back and forth until the design is finalized and you are thrilled! Even if an album is not included in the package we will move forward right away with finalizing the design while the images are still fresh in your mind.
- I use Canon gear (5D Mark III) and shoot with professional grade lenses and accessories. I also have a full complement of back up gear just in case an issue arises.
- Thankfully this has never happened but I am very lucky to be a member of a large group of professional photographers that eagerly and cheerfully step in if anything goes wrong the day of.....we always have each other’s back!
Mentions & Accolades
I’ve been given the opportunity to work with some great people along the way; here are some nice things they’ve said about working with me.
Amanda -first of all the photos are sublime. Thank you for being part of making it wonderful real time and also for the enduring images. Your photos reminded me of something I know to be true, but don’t reflect on enough – life is beautiful. With admiration and gratitude, Continue readingKatie & Erik
You were very organized, professional, easy-going and fun to work with! Most importantly, you captured every special moment that we will treasure forever! Continue readingSuzanne & Garrett
While I know it is your job to know your clients and their families, you never made any of us feel like you were working. Continue readingMissy & Amy
“Amanda immediately put me at ease. It felt like we were hanging out with a close friend and we laughed a lot, which in turn made for beautiful, relaxed pictures.” Continue readingPete + Laura
“I feel like you totally captured the energy and mood of our wedding and I think a lot of that comes from your being able to quickly get a sense of us and our guests.” Continue readingJackie + Jono
A small collection of blogs, magazines and resources that have mentioned Orchard Cove Photography.