Orchard Cove Photography is a good fit for casual, intimate weddings. I like to focus on the fun of the event by documenting your most joyful and memorable moments.
Orchard Cove Photography is headed by photographer Amanda Herzberger: “I’ve always loved pictures, and photography. It began as a creative outlet for me, but it soon blossomed into a business.”
Mentored and trained by seasoned professionals, Amanda worked as a photographer’s assistant and as a second photographer at weddings to learn the business and gain hands-on experience. She then began taking on her own clients, bringing her unique style and carefully nurtured skill to each experience.
*Image by Kelly Dudash
Amanda’s belief in developing and celebrating relationships is at the heart of Orchard Cove Photography’s mission: “I value my relationships above all, and the wonderful people in my life help me realize the power of everyday moments. It’s my goal to capture that for my clients’ family and friends.
I see photos as moments and reminders of the past. Each time I see a photo, the past comes flooding back.
The photo above captures me and my Brother running up the hill at my Grandma’s house when I was two years old. When my Grandma passed away, I found the photo framed in her bathroom. It now hangs in my bedroom.
When I see it, I remember playing with her dogs, exploring her movie collection, leafing through her scrapbooks, eating her famous tuna salad, feeding the birds, jumping on her bed, and trying on her frosted pink lipstick in the privacy of her bathroom. That one image calls back countless memories that I treasure to this day.
Orchard Cove Photography is a good fit for casual, intimate weddings. I like to focus on the FUN of the event by documenting your most joyful and memorable moments. I specialize in, and enjoy photographing, outdoor and at-home weddings.
My approach is very moment-driven, capturing the moments that make your wedding day a true celebration of relationships – the moments that might otherwise go unnoticed, but those that prompt the sweetest memories later on.
Orchard Cove Photography accepts a limited number of weddings which means personalized service and speedy turnaround of wedding images that reflect your personality and the spirit of the day. On the wedding day I pride myself in being relaxed, organized, and friendly to everyone I’m interacting with. My favorite part is catching those tiny moments that make wedding memories truly special, often using a zoom lens so the style is authentic and unintrusive.
For each wedding booked, Amanda will donate $100 (300 meals) to the Vermont Food Bank as part of the “Vow To Give” program for Vermont wedding professionals.
General Wedding Information
- My style is pretty laid back - I try to shoot in an unobtrusively calm, natural way, with a focus on FUN. I'm not a big in your face photographer and prefer to take a back seat and watch the events of the day unfold naturally. Most of the day I photograph with a zoom lens so the style is authentic, not intrusive. My photography is very moment driven and I'm drawn to document the relationships between you both and your families on this most important day.
- Most of the couples I work with want to take them but want them to be as quick and painless as possible. This is the one part of your day while I’ll step to the front and direct people so we can be speedy and get you back to your guests. If everyone is present I can photograph both sides of a typical immediate family in as little as 15 minutes. I do accept lists of groupings but advise that it be kept to a minimum so I don’t spend my entire evening staring down at a piece of paper and missing out on all the small special moments that are happening all around me.
- I typically release wedding images within three weeks. At that point they are posted on a password protected proofing site that allows family and friends to see and order photos making it easier for you both! Typically about 750 images will be presented in a mix of color and black and white. Access to the (full-resolution) digital negatives is included in all of my packages.
- Lots! As a wedding photographer, I’ve seen many, many wedding details through my camera lens. This provides me with a unique perspective on wedding planning, and I encourage you to use me as a resource! Once you become a client, I share my knowledge with you, and I also have access to a trusted network of wedding vendors and service providers. So if you’re looking for something, or trying to make a decision, consider me your partner in planning.
Selecting A Package
- I recommend choosing an option with a second photographer if you are inviting over 150 guests or if you aren’t doing a first look (taking all the photos beforehand) meaning that no one would be at cocktail hour if there was only one photographer.
- I recommend doing them but if geography or other circumstances prevents this it's not a huge deal. If that is the case, one alternative is having me photograph the rehearsal dinner - I find it’s a great way to get to know all the important players and have them become comfortable with my presence so that by the wedding day they forget I'm there!
- I require a ⅓ retainer by check of the package price and a signed electronic contract. If you’re ready to move forward, email me with your package selection and I’ll prepare the contract and send it over along with the deposit information.
- I specialize in Queensberry Matted albums but also offer other options for various budgets and styles.
- I’ve delivered an album in as little as one month after the wedding....it really depends on how motivated you are to get it done!
- After the wedding, I will send you a first draft of the album which you can comment on and make changes to. We’ll go back and forth until the design is finalized and you are thrilled! Even if an album is not included in the package we will move forward right away with finalizing the design while the images are still fresh in your mind.
- I use Canon gear (5D Mark III) and shoot with professional grade lenses and accessories. I also have a full complement of back up gear just in case an issue arises.
- I am very lucky to be a member of a large group of professional photographers that eagerly and cheerfully step in if anything goes wrong the day of.....we always have each other’s back!
Mentions & Accolades
I’ve been given the opportunity to work with some great people along the way; here are some nice things they’ve said about working with me.
“Amanda, We are in awe — the pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve already looked through them and each time I do I feel like I’m re-living the day! Thank you for not only … Continue readingJenessa & Jeff
“We are so happy with our wedding photos. They’re the kind of photos that you know will last your entire lifetime. Taking the photos on the day of went seamlessly. You could tell Amanda knew what she was doing so … Continue readingCat & John
“While we were planning our big day, we knew that the most important aspect for us was to have excellent photography. We wanted to work with someone professional, highly skilled, flexible, fun, and up for our less-than-traditional games-themed wedding. Amanda … Continue readingBeth & Dan
Amanda – Multiple bridesmaids — and I!– commented that you were the best they’ve ever worked with. Thank you! Continue readingMary & Abe
“Amanda is amazing – she executed our vision perfectly” Continue readingAlyson & Kevin
A small collection of blogs, magazines and resources that have mentioned Orchard Cove Photography.