We made this simple recipe for Jeff’s birthday when my Dad & Annie were in town and served it over quinoa with a tomato/mozzarella salad on the side. It came together quickly and was very flavorful.
Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca – Cooking Light
4 (4 oz.) Chicken Cutlets
1/8 t. salt
12 Fresh Sage Leaves
2 oz. very thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 8 thin strips
4 t. E.V.O.O.
1/3 c. fat-free low sodium chicken broth
1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
1/2 t. cornstarch
Lemon Wedges (optional)
1. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt. Place 3 sage laves on each cutlet; wrap 2 prosciutto slices around each cutlet, securing sage leaves in place.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 T. oil to pan; cook for 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm
3. Combine broth, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture and the remaining 1 t. olive oil to pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly with a whisk. Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
– We used whole pieces of prosciutto instead of cutting into pieces – one less step 🙂
– We used regular sized chicken breasts so ended up baking the chicken in a 350 oven for about 25 minutes and then sauteing at the end
– This was delicious and easy!