So I was tagged by Justin & Mary to play a blog game that involves sharing 8 facts about myself that you might not otherwise know. I usually don’t respond to emails that tell you you will die unless you forward them to fifteen people in the next ten minutes but since this one came with no strings attached and I’ve had fun reading others here goes….
1) I am a seriously type A person who loves organization, lists, and the like. Let’s just say that no one’s mess is safe with me around. When I was in high school I used to spend Friday nights cleaning out my friend’s room (yeah…maybe that’s a little embarrassing). Then when I was in college I didn’t have Friday classes so every Thursday night to celebrate I’d clean my room of all the mess that had accumulated during the week.
2) Along the same lines I have worked in the past and continue to work part time as a professional organizer. My favorite part is when people say “you’ve never seen something this bad.” “Believe me,” I tell them, “I’ve seen a LOT worse.” I just love the feeling of helping people get a handle on whatever it is that is preventing them from being organized. It usually allows them to feel a lot less stressed and a lot more in control of their life – who doesn’t love that??
3) I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE dairy – cheese, milk, yogurt, EGGS, etc. If I was lactose intolerant I think I’d curl up in a ball and cry (Sorry Justin and Mary 🙁 ). There is nothing in the world better on a hot summer day than a cold glass of milk or a spoonful (ok maybe a bowlful) of ice cream. Then cheese glorious cheese – I get goosebumps when I see a wheel of parmesan or brie in the grocery store – someone stop me! Jeff and I are hoping to go somewhere “foodie” on our honeymoon and maybe even take some cooking classes.
4) Along with dairy recently I’ve been feeding my addiction for fountain coke in an unhealthy way. Fountain coke (especially from McDonald’s) has that special blend of sugar and water that just makes me say AHHHHHHHH.
5) Anyone who knows me knows that comfort (as in dressing) is my middle name. When my faithful yellow lab Strider is at my side people often joke that we look like we just finished modeling for an L.L. Bean catalogue. I LIVE IN NEW ENGLAND PEOPLE- deep practical roots. I just can’t bring myself to wear schmancy clothes every day so they can get dirty and have to be dry cleaned. Instead I love my Dansko clogs, crocs, jeans, and FLEECE. Sometimes I see super put together people and wish that I had the urge to dress up every day. But a second later the moment is gone and I throw on my crocs and take Strider for a walk 🙂
6) My background is in hospitality. I graduated from hotel school and my first job was working at a business club in Northern Virginia selling event space. They required you to wear a skirt and suit jacket (heels were implied) four days a week. Let’s just say I lasted nine months before I went screaming back to New England desperate for some green fields and L.L. Bean 🙂
7) If I had to be stuck somewhere forevermore I would choose a bookstore. I haven’t made much time for it lately but I love reading and for me there is nothing better than being absorbed in a book I just can’t stand to put down. My favorites are fiction bestsellers and foodie bios (usually written by chefs although Ruth Reichl’s books were great). During my nine months in Virginia I was also a big Netflix junkie and I keep threatening to renew my membership but haven’t done so yet…
8) I get very confused when I wake up in the middle of the night and often try to have conversations with whoever is around. My college roommate Jen was the first person to alert me to this “issue” – one night I woke up and was 100% convinced that our hallmate Matt was hiding in our closet wearing my purple robe. It took a few minutes for me to realize that that wasn’t the case.
Enough about me…..
now I tag…..
The Graziers – Love following their blog – hoping they’ll be in L.A. so I can meet them!
Jessica Del Vecchio– An awesome photographer from the DC area who has been so generous with answering my many questions over the past few months!
Nikki Nicole– Even though she is in Greece I want to hear from her 🙂
Me Ra Koh– Reading Me Ra’s blog is an inspiration – she was one of the first blogs I started following consistently.
Daria Bishop– Our wedding photographer who is getting a new puppy on Sunday (and thus might be too busy to play)
Michael Blanchard-I think this guy is moving on up 🙂
Melissa Koehler-Her photos are beautiful.
Robert Norman – He makes me laugh….a lot.