1. Call her the next day
2. Always laugh at her jokes
3. Tell her (truthfully) that you can’t wait to see her again
4. Offer her a backrub, without asking for one in return
5. Call her just to say you were thinking about her
6. Bring her a teddy bear and chicken soup when she’s sick
7. Write her a poem
8. Slow dance with her (not only on a dance floor)
9. Bring her flowers for no reason
10. Send her a (handwritten) letter just to say hello
11. Always remember your anniversaries and bring her something sweet
12. Kiss her in the middle of a sentence
13. Take her for a walk at sunset and stay to look up at the stars
14. Tell her something about you that no one else knows
15. Remind her that you still think she’s beautiful
16. Take a bubble bath together
17. Watch a sappy movie with her
18. Surprise her with a candlelight dinner
19. Never stop trying to impress her
20. Tell her you love her
21. Never forget how much she means to you
The above were from an email that circulated when I was in high school – not bad advice 🙂
And perhaps a few from my quote book that take a bit more thought….
We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by leaning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
– Sam Keen
And another thing. Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion, it is not the desire to mate every second minute of the day, it is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every cranny of your body. I am telling you some truths. That is just being “in love,” which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your Mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.
– Louis de Bernieres (Captain Corelli’s Mandolin)
To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the loving cup, whenever you’re wrong admit it; whenever you’re right shut up 🙂
– Ogden Nash
Happy love day!